Image Map

Wednesday 22 August 2012

Where I Teach Wednesday

Today on blog hoppin' it's 'Where I Teach Wednesday' ... so ta daaaa.. welcome to my room!

I know I've already posted a million photographs of my classroom on my blog already - but they're in a pretty random order and at least this way you get to see the whole room in all its glory!! :)

This is my 3rd Year of teaching and this is also my 3rd classroom!! I now have lots of practise when it comes to decorating rooms (and I secretly LOVE it!)... I really adore this room though and I hope I don't have to move next year! I always mean to take before and after photographs - but I get so excited and just start putting things up right away.. so I have no before photographs to share like lots of other blogs I've seen.

This is my classroom door with all of the languages (and a few added extras) that my children speak in speech bubbles...

These are the boards at the back of my room - the Aim for the Stars bit was a blank old wall so my Mom kindly painted it and I've put it as a place for their targets - I'll write some targets on the stars (there will eventually be a 4th pink star when I find another A3 laminating sheet in September!)  and I've printed off their pics and put them on rockets so they can move them along as they reach their targets.

This is my learning potions wall above my Interactive Whiteboard - for various lessons we might need different potions to help us... i.e. a bit of creativity mixed in with a bit of innovation!! I attached my lovely wizard puppet to the wall to make it a bit more exciting!


This will be our Art Gallery... just need some art to put on the walls.


Along the wall is my personalised alphabet that I am in love love love with!! I've used the kiddos pictures for the letters we can fill - and the ones left over I asked them what they wanted on there... so we have lots of cartoon characters and singers!

This is my desk area - hopefully I'll be getting a new whiteboard that is a lot lower so I can use it for carpet work!!

 I added these to my notice board as I always have parents asking for extra letters that I often misplace - so hopefully this will keep it all nice and organised!!
 


These are the kiddos trays - aswell as some Phonics and Numeracy trays - and on top is the fish tank that I am yet to set up... will post up some pics of their fish next week when I set it all up!



These are the numeracy and literacy working walls - they'll be added to pretty much on a daily basis with work the children produce individually, as a class and a list of learning objectives and success criteria will be on the wall too so the children know what they have to do.


This is the view from the back of my class - I bought the pots and rail from Ikea and I've placed their whiteboard pens in so they can just grab and go during carpet sessions... I also made some crate seats and although they were a little tricky I think they turned out well!! I bought the wall stickers from Wilkinsons for a bargain price of £2.00!! They brighten up the drab wall a treat! (and it's hidden a lot of the stains I couldn't scrub off!)

These are my drawers that I'm going to store my daily work in - hopefully this will help keep me super organised!! I love these drawers! 

So that is my room - for now.. it may be changed around again once the kiddos settle in - depending on if the layout works or not. But for now, I'm pretty darn pleased with it and I can't wait to get in there and enjoy the room with my lovely class!

If you want to join in the fun - you know where to head...


            <Deleted some photographs - thank you for understanding!>

2 comments:

  1. What a nice classroom! It looks great.

    Kelly
    Teaching Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly!! Really kind of you to comment - I appreciate all the messages I get xx

    ReplyDelete