Image Map

Thursday 23 August 2012

Theraputic Thursday... and a name game!

So today is 'Theraputic Thursday' on Blog Hoppin' so I'm going to share some of the things I do to unwind...


 Reading...

When I get time I love a good book. I read these books a while back, they're about North Korean defectors... they're such fantastic books (I have a bit of a morbid fascination with North Korea) and I highly highly recommend them - you will not be able to put them down. I love reading anything and everything, but am yet to read 50 shades!

Baking is another favourite of mine... these are some of the cakes and biscuits I've made;




I apologise for the dodgy layout - the photographs didn't like being central for some reason!! The best part of baking is that you get to eat all the goodies... but I also LOVE ice cream. After a hard day there is nothing better than tucking in to ice cream!!




...especially whilst watching GLEE!! I am a massive massive gleek.. and I love Emma, I love her style and how cute she is! I started a school choir because I also love singing.. and I'm still hoping that one day we can form our own Glee club and crack America! (big goals for little 5 year olds!)


Lots of Emma's clothes from Glee (and lots of the other characters clothes) are from Anthropologie... I love Anthro! It's not the cheapest shop, but they have brilliant sales! Which leads me nicely on to my next relaxtion session... shopping!!


I never really get time to go out shopping to the actually shops.. so I do lots of it online (I get a bit obsessed with QVC!)
This is a recent QVC purchase and I love using gorgeous Elemis products when I hop in the shower - showering is probably my favourite way of relaxing.. I could spend ages in there... I practically record a whole album whilst showering (yes, I'm one of those cliche people who sing in the shower)


I also love spending time with my adorable little pup Charlie who is an absolute doll and such a mummies boy - he loves cuddling... he's 1 on the 4th December so I'm planning a special puppy party!! <3


...and I love being with my fantastic family... 

My nan


The sissy <3


...the best parents anyone could ever wish for ...


...and the boy! <3 Who puts up with so much!!



Finally... the last thing that never fails to cheer me up and destress me is CHRISTMAS!!! 
I love everything about it! I love making cards. I love baking Christmas treats for everyone. I love decorating the tree and making homemade decorations... I just love love love coming home in December (Ok... more like Early November for me.. I cannot wait!) and putting the Christmas tree lights on and sitting in the dark in front of the fire... ahhh hurry up winter!!


 So that's how I spend my spare time (when I get any!) Head over to blog hoppin' to see how other teachers like to unwind...



FINALLY... I am soooo so so excited because today my persona doll arrived in the post!! She is such a cutie! I'm using her for my Master's research to collect the children's thoughts about the transition from Reception to Year 1... I think they will love her just as much as I do.




















It's a little bit strange that she looks like me and freaked me out slightly.. but hey, she could be my daughter!

Anyhow this is where I need your help for name suggestions!! I have to come up with a whole history for her so the kids really believe in her, but I cannot think of a suitable name! My  hairdresser wants me to name her after her (Karla) so so far that's the only name I have... any other suggestions??

Dani x

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Christmas too...over here, people look at you funny if you want to bust out the decorations and the Christmas music before Thanksgiving, but that only gives me 4 short weeks to enjoy my favorite time of the year!

    ReplyDelete