Image Map

Wednesday 15 August 2012

Crafty capers, a plea for help... plus a fab competition for you to enter!

So I've been making a few bits and pieces.. I eventually found some letters that fit the nuts for my busy bag, I'm pretty pleased with the result! Can't wait for the kids to use these - just need to get a few lock nuts to put on the end.
My stickers and  boxes arrived all the way from China too for my build it phonics game - just waiting for the beads to arrive now.
I also had the stuff arrive so that I could make my crayola wreath - it isn't perfect (getting it perfect would require far too much mathematical working out for my liking!) but it will do. I used some ribbon - which ran out annoyingly close to the end, so I had to find some other ribbon but I think it looks fine!! ...a box and a half of crayons and an 8" florist ring - which was the worst thing in the WORLD to touch... it seriously makes me shudder each time I think about touching this awful thing!
I covered the ring with ribbon and then made a loop at the back so I can hang it up...

 ... then I glue gunned on lots of crayons and voila!! I burnt my hands to pieces.. but there's nothing like peeling off dried hot glue from your fingers (weird, I know!)

 This thing has been the bane of my life!! I bought this papier mache book from hobby craft almost 2 years ago with the view that I would paint it up, I could photocopy some book pages and place them on the front depending on which story I am telling then place some story retelling props inside so we could retell a story as a class or either as a small group activity - I was completely in love with the idea but never got round to making it until this Summer... I seriously wish I hadn't bothered.


It's probably my fault because I used water based paint that I grabbed out of my classroom instead of using acrylic paint - this thing seriously drank the paint... everytime my boyfriend came to see what I was doing I'd always be painting this damn book... anyway just when I'd got enough coats on the outside and I was about to paint the little gold bits on the spine of the book I noticed a crack... I thought it was just the paint being a pain in the bum again... but NO - the front cover is coming away :'( It probably buckled under the weight of a whole carton of paint! Anyway... I'm contemplating throwing the damn thing away - but thought I'd post it on here incase anyone had any ideas for me - I tried using a glue gun to seal it but that failed MISERABLY plus it looks damn ugly. So - HELP... please!!
Competition Time!
Head over the the Moffatt Girls blog as they're giving away 10 - yes TEN free tickets to the Virtual Teaching Expo - basically lots of conferences online - all from the comfort of your own home... you don't eve have to get dressed.. hell you don't even have to get out of bed if you don't want to! You can watch the conferences on your computer AND you can ask questions etc

Here's the link to the Virtual Teaching Expo if you want to find out a bit more about it.
But hurry hurry hurry this competition is only on for a few more hours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment