Image Map

Wednesday 22 August 2012

...cannot stop organising!

So I have a week and a half before I go back to school - where have the summer holidays gone? I disregarded the summer bit - there has been far too much rain and cloud for it to ever be classed as summer. 

I'm bored of sitting. I'm almost bored of daytime TV. I'm bored of eating out of boredom. My boyfriend is bored of my incessant moaning about the house - I keep sitting.. and staring. Picking fault. I need to decorate. I need to organise.

Today has been a bit manic. My lovely friend and colleague is getting married tomorrow.. and I somehow agreed to make her wedding cake... she is clearly far too trusting!! So this morning has mainly consisted of getting covered in buttercream icing (head to toe, I'm not even jesting). 



She wanted orange flowers (which are damn hard to find!!) so I had to handpaint 60 white daisies - with vodka would you believe it??

...est voila half of the cupcakes were like this - the other half just had piped orange icing but I forgot to take photos of them!!


I then iced the fruit cake which is going on the top tier...



She wanted orange gerberas as they're in her bouquet... and this was the end product!! All done and dusted by 10.30am this morning (after lots of previous days prep with my Mom.. I'm not a magician!)




I then decided to tackle my kitchen cupboards which have been bugging the HELL out of me!! We moved in to our lovely first house just over a year ago... this is our house...  


...but the cupboards are just so big, I could easily do with more shelves. Anyhow, I decided to go to Asda (Walmart for my US readers) and buy a LOT of plastic food containers. Tom's reaction went something along the lines of [quote] "What the hell - did you really need to buy this many? *sigh* ...whatever..." [end quote]


It normally takes me all of two seconds to unpack my shopping - today it took me AN HOUR AND A HALF!! I scrubbed those cupboards and instead of shoving everything in to the cupboard/fridge I unpacked it all neatly and placed it into a cute container!

This was my cupboard before...


...and a couple of after shots...


I am rather pleased with myself!! ...although I am not pleased with how many graze box snacks I discovered in the cupboard!

I need to get snacking - and cancel my subscription.


This was my fridge before...


...and after...



Tom said it won't last. I disagree. I also bribed him with his own sweetie jar.  I may or may not have dipped in to it several times already...
 

I then decided to change our bedsheets (there's nothing like lovely fresh sheets!) but Charlie had other ideas... he was very comfy and didn't want to be disturbed!


 Tomorrow's task will be sorting out my office (eek!) I am a bit of a teacher hoarder and keep everything - it may come in at some point... but never really does.

I think Tom is literally counting down the days til I go back to school and he can get rid of me.

 Dani x

2 comments: