Image Map

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Classroom Organisation

I've been trawling the internet for various behaviour management ideas for the upcoming year, and I eventually settled on this sweet idea! Basically the children collect 'fuzzies' weekly; fuzzies can be rewarded for anything - good sitting, good listening, being kind, trying their hardest etc. The small fuzzies have a value of 1, whilst the big elusive fuzzies have a value of 5 fuzzies! Every Friday morning we are going to count how many fuzzies we have (the children all have a paint pot each, which is the perfect size for popping their fuzzies in without being able to fiddle with them throughout the week - anyone caught fiddling will have fuzzies taken away!!) and if a child has 10 these can be redeemed for either a prize in the box, or a token.



These are the tokens, which can be traded for a whole range of things - getting to sit in the teacher's chair for the day, getting to sit by a chosen friend for the day, even wearing no shoes in class all day!

I found the tokens on this FANTASTIC blog, so if you'd like to download them then pop over to here; 


I've also tried to organise my notice board so I don't spend half of my time searching around for things and forgetting where I've put them; I always get lots of parents asking for copies of letters and homework that have been long since 'filed' (aka binned) so I thought that by having a little polly pocket for different things will help me get my hands on them whenever I need them!


 I'm also going to try this version of Talk Partners - paired talk is huge, but I've often noticed children not talking, or one person dominating the whole conversation, so I'm hoping this will make paired talk easier for everyone - I've paired the children according to ability/chattiness and I've assigned them a colour; blue or green.. when it comes to paired talk I will then time each person, so 'green partners' will talk first, then it will be 'blue partners' turn.. I'll let you know if this makes it any easier!


Finally, I found these cute little people sticks at Dunelm Mill whilst mooching around - they were about £3.50 for a pack of 20, so I did spend £7.00 - but I think they're totally cute! I've yet to make a label for the pot, but I'm going to get the kids to decorate themselves on the people part of the stick.. and I'll then pick a stick at random and use them for questioning! :)


Finally, these are my 'Power Pellets!' Whenever I need some hush, or children to focus their energy on something else I will shout something superhero-ey (I haven't quite thought this far in advance, randomly shouting the word superman doesn't sound quite right...) and whoever stops first will get a Power Pellet (aka a skittle!) for a little energy boost.. there's nothing like a little bribery!


3 comments:

  1. You should shout 'Avengers assemble' or 'Heroes unite' or something along those lines :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!! Loving the Avengers assemble shout.. that's definitely my chant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ideas here! I'm going to try some out, even though I teach in Secondary school! Power Pellets are a great idea...I'll just have to train myself not to eat them all myself!! :)

    ReplyDelete