Image Map

Friday 17 August 2012

...a few of my favourite websites

Today I am feeling pretty uninspired/half alive. Last night I went out with a few of the lovely girls from work to see Dirty Dancing and we stayed out until 11pm... that is seriously late for me (I almost turned in to a pumpkin it was so close to midnight!!) ...so I had to lie in until 1.30pm... fortunately for me I have a very understanding boyfriend (...and he was so engrossed in work he didn't seem to realise how lazy I have actually been).

So.. I've been wondering what to blog about today, because the weather is rubbish and I'm feeling like all I want to do is slob out on the sofa and eat a copious amount of chocolate and canned squirty cream... at the same time...

I thought that for today I would share a few of my favourite sites with you;




I LOVE this classroom timer - possibly more than the kids do! The great thing One of the greatest things about it is the fact that you can choose how long you want the timer on for - which means you can use it for so so many things.. I use it for tidying up, timing them doing a task, getting changed for PE - you can use it for anything you want! It also has FANTASTIC music... my personal favourite is Hawaii 5-0 (sometimes it's too hard to resist the urge to dance whilst this timer is on - you have been warned!!)



Next up is the literacy shed:


This has loads of fantastic clips on to use in literacy - the first time I discovered this website I spent hours and hours watching the videos on there! Seriously... check it out now!!

Finally I love love love using music in the class - the main reason is that I am completely and utterly obsessed with Glee (and have big dreams of starting my own Glee club and moving to America - I could so be Emma Pillsbury's younger sister!!) So I have a couple of super music sites for you, the first has lots of super songs for numeracy, literacy, PSED... you name it!!!



....and secondly is this site by Nancy Stewart - she also has lots and lots of songs for so many different occasions!! Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment