Image Map

Tuesday 21 August 2012

Tech-tip Tuesday

So I'm being a little lazy with my tech-tip Tuesday blog... but it's only because I only wrote a blog the other day all about my favourite websites for you to use.. and it didn't really get THAT many hits... especially considering how  great I think some of the sites are, so this way they will get a lot more recognition and hopefully some other people can discover some pretty useful things to use in their school.

So  here they are.. my list of faaaabulous sites! Enjoy :)





I LOVE this classroom timer - possibly more than the kids do! The great thing One of the greatest things about it is the fact that you can choose how long you want the timer on for - which means you can use it for so so many things.. I use it for tidying up, timing them doing a task, getting changed for PE - you can use it for anything you want! It also has FANTASTIC music... my personal favourite is Hawaii 5-0 (sometimes it's too hard to resist the urge to dance whilst this timer is on - you have been warned!!)



Next up is the literacy shed:


This has loads of fantastic clips on to use in literacy - the first time I discovered this website I spent hours and hours watching the videos on there! Seriously... check it out now!!

Finally I love love love using music in the class - the main reason is that I am completely and utterly obsessed with Glee (and have big dreams of starting my own Glee club and moving to America - I could so be Emma Pillsbury's younger sister!!) So I have a couple of super music sites for you, the first has lots of super songs for numeracy, literacy, PSED... you name it!!!



....and secondly is this site by Nancy Stewart - she also has lots and lots of songs for so many different occasions!! Enjoy!!



As ever, if you want to join in the fun and link up then head on over to Blog Hoppin'

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link to the timer site, that looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it - it's so handy I use it for a million different things and the kids love the music... hope your class enjoy it as much as mine do! :) x

    ReplyDelete