Image Map

Sunday 19 August 2012

...for we need a little Christmas... right this very minute!

I am SUPER excited about Christmas... and yes I KNOW that it is only August and I am practically wishing my life away but I just LOVE LOVE LOVE *big huge puffy heart LOVE* it!

My parents came back from their Nordic cruise today and have bought me a copious amount of Christmas themed pressies (amongst other things.. I am so spoilt!) ... hence the reason for being so darn excited!!

I have a reindeer cheese slicer (woooah!) ... a Christmas table runner (I am resisting all urges to place it on my dining table RIGHT THIS SECOND!) ... a snowman bread basket and then these beautiful trinkets you can see underneath;

I'm doing a Christmas around the world topic from the point of view of an alien for Christmas (super duper excited about this!!) So my lovely Mommy bought me some goodies from Sweden, Norway and Finland for my project!! She's the best.. I know!


I then saw this SUPER CUTE idea for a North Pole Breakfast on the little pumpkin grace blog and I was in love... I have no little kiddos of my own to make a North Pole Breakfast for, but I thought I could make one for the whole class instead.. LITERALLY CANNOT WAIT UNTIL DECEMBER 1ST NOW! So I made this letter for the Alien to 'leave' in the classroom ready for the breakfast!



I also made these sheets for the first day/week back to school... I thought it would also come in useful for my Master's research to gather the children's thoughts on how they feel about the transition and going in to Year 1.. I'm rather proud of myself... I think they're adorable!




Finally.. I thought I'd share with you the other goodies from my parents... I got a puppet from Estonia called Sipsik... who is apparantly a big hit over there with Primary aged kiddywinkles... a Matryoshka doll all the way from Russia! ...a russian hat (the kids will love this!) and a viking hat too.. as well as some left over currency that I begged my parents for (I'm a bit obsessed with foreign currency and it will come in useful when we do our Christmas around the world topic!)
 


That's all for now... Dani x

No comments:

Post a Comment