Image Map

Wednesday 20 August 2014

Why Wednesday - Organisation Tips


imbloghoppin.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/teacher-week-why-organization-free-item.html


So I'm back, today it's with some organisations tips - which is quite ironic because at home I'm the LEAST organised person EVER.. although at school it's a little different!

I inherited a SUPER HUGE cupboard this year to store resources - but it came with a catch.. you literally couldn't get through the door it was such a super huge mess. I wish I had took photos of how bad it was before I started! 

Anyway, I ordered a ridiculous amount of storage boxes and had the caretaker put up some shelving units to organise it and turn it in to this beautiful space;





I have a shelf for each area of learning with all of the resources labelled and organised accordingly - in a chevron theme of course!!

There were also lots of books which were all mixed up, so I sorted those out while I was at it too;






I think that labelling is really key to organisation. I've also labelled everything in the classroom so the kiddos knows EXACTLY where everything goes.

I've also tried to organise my thoughts - the children do a lot of 'learning through play' in Reception, and I was trying to think of ways that I could enhance the provision for the children, either based on the topics we are learning about or seasons/holidays etc. I often pin a million things on pinterest, but forget about them until it's too late! 

Therefore I made a document (one for each area of the provision within my classroom - I have malleable/fine motor, home corner, writing area, reading area, puzzles/jigsaws and investigation area) then made some pages for each month of the school year. I then proceeded to search pinterest for ideas and placed them on the relevant page. 

Now all of my ideas are in one place, and I can easily see what I need to make/place in each area month to month! I am so excited about this idea, it is going to make my life SO much easier.. If you click on the picture below you can download my malleable/fine motor area example.

I didn't include the links to pinterest, as I am far too lazy and that would have took FOREVER - but it may give you some ideas or inspiration to make your own!














Happy organising!



No comments:

Post a Comment