Image Map

Monday 11 August 2014

Meet The Teacher Blog Linky

Today I am joining Stephanie for her Meet the Teacher Blogger linky!  

I've loved reading all of the links and thought I would add mine, as I'm relatively new to blogging! 




My name is Dani and I teach in the UK. I'm going in to my fifth year of teaching - I'm hoping it's going to be the best year yet! I've previously taught in Reception for 2 years, Year 1 for 2 years and now I'm moving back to where it all began, Reception.

I live with my boyfriend and our animal babies;

 Sledgehammer
 Charlie
and we also doggy sit this little cutie - my sister's dog Tyler

I have a fabulous family! 

 

Q: These are a few of my favorite things…
 
Christmas!! Oh my goodness, it's my all time favourite thing! 
 I start harassing my poor boyfriend around mid-November to put up the tree, which he never agrees too - so I normally wait until he goes out and I put it up anyway! 

I also love spending time with my family, watching trashy TV such as Big Brother, Teen Mom & Made In Chelsea and generally slobbing about!

Q: If you weren’t a teacher, what would you want to be?

 
I think about this lots. I normally think ice cream taster, or mattress tester so I get to sleep all day. I'm REALLY good at sleeping! 
 

Q: Three little words that describe you. 

Creative, Nerdy, Messy!
 
Q: Finish this sentence, “___________________, said no teacher EVER!!”
 

"I get paid SOOOO much to do so little!", said no teacher EVER!!
 
Q: It’s your birthday and you can invite anyone {dead or alive} to the party. Who are you inviting?

My family! It wouldn't be my birthday without them! (Did I mention by Birthday is CHRISTMAS EVE! Even more exciting!)
 
Q: If someone wrote a book about your life, what would be the title?
 
The Diary of a Workaholic.



Q: You get to pick one superpower. What is it?
 
I could stop time. Then I could just stop time at 6am, have a few hours extra sleep before going to work, stop the clock when I have papers handed to me that needed to be handed in 5 weeks ago etc etc!



Q: What’s your favorite quote or saying?


No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
- Eleanor Roosevelt 

My ALL time favourite quote - it's really helped me when I've ever doubted myself or felt self conscious.


Q: If you HAD to sing one song on American Idol, what would it be? 
 
 Probably something from a musical! Like On My Own from Les Mis or something from Hairspray!


Q: Are you a morning person or a night owl?
 
A night owl. I'm definitely NOT a morning person. Like, don't.even.talk.to.me morning person!


Q: What’s your favorite resource that you’ve created in your TPT shop?
 
Hmmm.. probably my newest resource which is my phonics pack! This pack is going to save me SO much time when getting my phonics lessons ready - all of the resources I need are just a click away!

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Ultimate-Phase-3-Phonics-Pack-1374188


Q: Share something we might not know about you!

I'm really weird about what number the television/radio volume is on. It HAS to be on an even number. If it's one of those crazy TV's that doesn't show the volume, I have to turn it down to zero then count the clicks until it's on an even number. This makes me sound crazy, I'm really quite normal! 




Now it's your turn! Visit Stephanie's blog, grab the buttons and the questions and link up!




 I hope you enjoyed finding out about me!

 

4 comments:

  1. Great post! Nice to meet you and love your blog design!

    -Alexis

    Mrs. Hudgens Hears a Who

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alexis! My blog took me so long, so that's really great to hear that you like it!

    I love your blog - I'm your newest follower! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice to meet you Dani! I love that you count the volume clicks! Hahaha. I always have to count the steps when going up or down stairs. Way funny. You have a pet turtle!? That is so awesome. Love the name Sledgehammer too! I'm your newest follower and love your blog design. Hope you have a fabulous day! :)

    Melissa
    Jungle Learners TpT Store
    Jungle Learners FB
    Jungle Learners Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad it's not just me Melissa, haha! Yeah my turtle is lovely, although he can be pretty grumpy!
    I'm now your newest follower too!!

    ReplyDelete