Image Map

Tuesday 24 September 2013

New School Year - New Blog Post

Phew!! It has been a summer and a half, which is why more poor poor blog has been so neglected!!

Let me fill you in before I give you a room tour!

I went away to Italy, Germany and Austria.. which was an absolutely beautiful holiday (where I consumed far too much pizza, pasta, ice cream and prosecco!!)





Then I eventually completed (and passed, hurrah!!) my Master's Degree!!


...THEN I went to Hong Kong for a couple of weeks, where I spent far too much money on stationery!!!



We even went to HK Disneyland and met a few characters!





Right - now for my room tour for my 2013/14 room.....


This is my door, with my cute little sign that a kiddo gave me as a leaving present;

Our topic this half term is 'Into the Woods' which is why you may notice lots of forest themes!


This is the view as you walk in to my room....



My role play area - with a small world table, complete with gorgeous smelling coloured/scented rice - my room smells of cinnamon and nutmeg, it is to die for!!



                         Complete with a Gruffalo Café ... I even got to meet The Gruffalo himself!!!


 On each table I have a cute little photo frame with the table name (sight words to help kids with their recognition) and a writing checklist so the kiddies can use this during literacy;



This is my reading area, which I added this year;
You can now purchase the check list from here


These are my beanie baby reading strategy posters which I am going to use this year in Guided Reading, I'll add them to my store this weekend;


I also made a cute bunting using the children's favourite book covers!! I plan to add to this throughout the year as we read more books together!



This is my art area, with a little Art Gallery for the kiddies work;



And finally, my displays!! I've been doing a lot of reading about maths and this was inspired by a pinterest find on subatising;


This is my blooms display to encourage higher order thinking and questioning - if you like it you can buy a copy here from my Teachers Pay Teachers store.. I LOVE this display and it's so useful to have up and pick questions to ask the kiddies from! 


 I bought this brilliant pack from TpT and put a copy in each of the kiddies drawers for early finishers;


This is my number bond display (again, another pinterest find!) That I absolutely love!! 


 Our school have introduced Spanish this year, so this is my little homage to our Spanish lessons!


This is my 'How are we learning?' poster so the kiddies know the noise level etc.


 This is my interactive numeracy table - I'll do a blog post on this soon!


And finally, my literacy working wall ...


I hope you like it as much as I do!! :) My resolution for this teaching year is to blog more, so hopefully I'll be keeping on top of my blog a lot more now my Master's is out the way! 

Finally here are a few of my 'made it's' that I'm proud of;

I started collecting pringle tubs, and bought loads of washi tape out in HK to make these cute storage cans;




And I also decorated this tired looking table to go in my reading area (it's not the handiest of DIY work but it will do!)


 ....and very lastly I'll leave you with one of my phonics 'made it's' that I love (and I didn't make most of it!!)


The kiddies loved building words today!! They could not resist learning :p

Dani x





49 comments:

  1. Hiya!

    Could you tell me where you got your 'Check Your Writing' sheets from (in the Ikea frames!) ? Or did you make them? I would love to do something similar in my classroom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Victoria - I made them but if you send me your email address I can email you a copy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      I love your idea of "Check your writing". Can you please email me a copy if you're sharing?
      Thanks so much!
      Soula

      Delete
    2. Hi are you able to email me the check your writing please! I love them,
      Thank you! Danielle x

      Delete
    3. Do you still have this file? I'd LOVE a copy for my first grade room!

      Love your ideas!

      Delete
    4. Hi!! Do you still have the check your writing template! I would love them for my classroom :)

      Delete
    5. Hi!! Do you still have the check your writing template! I would love them for my classroom :)

      Delete
    6. I would also love to have a writing checklist template for the IKEA frames if possible..
      my email address is E.Woodward@BuryLA.org
      Thank you! :)

      Delete
    7. I would love a copy too please if you still have them! ghitchcox@hotmail.co.uk
      Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Your classroom looks amazing! I am an NQT still making my mark :) where did you find those f
    frames for tables? I have mixed reception year 1 class. If I could be v.cheeky and ask if you'd mind sending any resources that would be useful :D like the writing checklist for example. I'd really appreciate it! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The frames are from Ikea, they were 99p each! If you send me your email address I will see what I can do! :)

      Delete
  4. aleshajclarke@gmail.com
    Thank you very much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. aleshajclarke@gmail.com
    Thank you very much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any chance you would be able to email
    Me the check your writing sheet? I love them!
    helenc_h@outlook.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,

    Just found your blog and it's great! I have the ikea frames and love your writing checklist - would you mind sending me a copy please? Would really appreciates it. My email is amykelk@googlemail.com . Thank you in advance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you send me a copy of your check writing?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there,
    I was also just admiring your classroom and your check your writing sheet. Would you be able to email me a copy of the sheet?
    Thank you in advance.
    jocelyn.myatt@nbed.nb.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi
    I have been searching for something exactly like your writing check list for ages.Could i be really cheeky and ask if you don't mind sending me a copy?
    Thank you in advance
    aynsley_powell@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,

    I've been trying to make something like your writing checklist for awhile is there any way you could also send me a copy. I have the exact frames in my classroom displaying group names.

    Thank you in advance, my email is rebecca,carling02@gmail.com

    Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,

    I love your blog and especially love your Check your Writing frames! Would you possibly be able to send me a copy?
    My email address is joyfreshwater@gmail.com

    Thank you very much!

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, hope you're enjoying a well deserved break over the summer holidays! Your classroom looks fantastic. As an NQT I am keen to steal as many ideas as possible! So I am going to jump on the band wagon and ask if you could send me a copy of your writing check list please? I have those exact ikea frames and the check list would suit perfectly for my year 1 class. My email address is abbygoodall@hotmail.co.uk

    Many thanks,

    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have really enjoyed looking at all of your posts and seeing what you have done with your classroom! It looks fantastic! Could I also ask for a copy of your writing check list? I found it on pinterest initially and just loved the idea! My email address is hannahgoose@hotmail.com

    Thanks!

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there,
    I'm so glad I found your blog... it is fantastic! I also love your writing checklists and would really appreciate a copy- my email is smerdz_iz@hotmail.com. Thank you so much for sharing!!
    Jasmin xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi there!

    I would love for you to send me the paper that's inside of the ikea frame too!

    catherinerandall06@yahoo.com

    Thanks so much in advance!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there! Fab ideas, thanks for sharing!

    Please could I possibly have a copy of your framed checklist too? Its exactly what I'm looking for!

    Thank you!

    Vanessa xxx

    vanessa_slingsby@hotmail.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, I saw this post months ago and have been looking for the frames ever since! I have literally just found them but love your writing checklist. Any chance you could email this to me please! My classroom needs this genius idea!
    Many thanks!
    Holly x
    xhollylouisex@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, I too have just discovered the frames in IKEA and would love a copy of your Writing checklist please. It looks fab as do all your resources. My email is raisingbabylg@gmail.com
    Many thanks in advance!

    Lynz x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, I love your writing checklist and would love a copy. Please would you be able to email me a copy please. My email is ce12fmf@my.brunel.ac.uk.

    Thanks,
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your ideas are fantastic. Please could you email me a copy of your writing checklist. Thank you. karencrump5@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Please can I have a copy as well. r.chilcott.rc@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Could I have one too please :) claire_mc@hotmail.com. Thanks! x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm loving your writing checklist! Can you email it to me at leeeese322@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the writing checklist! This is exactly what I have been looking for. Is there any chance you could email me a copy at aliceemilyhammond@yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the writing checklist! This is exactly what I have been looking for. Is there any chance you could email me a copy at aliceemilyhammond@yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi, I love the writing checklist. Would you be able to send me a copy please. I am so jealous of your classroom!!
    victoria_broughton@yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Dani, thanks for your blog - it's given me lots of fresh ideas after a busy NQT year! I've just ordered a pack of Tolsby frames - would you be able to send me a copy of the writing checklist please? joemacallister@hotmail.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi, I love your blog! I've just found it via Pinterest.

    I would love a copy of your writing checklist and the noise chart that you made - my email is louiseallmark@hotmail.com

    Thank you so much

    Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  30. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello,

    Your classroom looks lovely. Can you please tell me where can I get a copy of the writing checklist?

    Thank you.
    Garri

    ReplyDelete
  32. And my email address is garrigaoyan@hotmail.com. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  33. The photo frames are a brilliant idea! I've just ordered some. Would you mind sending me through the writing checklist also? Thank you so much if you can. aaronwarrenmusic@hotmail.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi, your writing checklists are popular!! I have just bought some IKEA photo frames so it's a coincidence I found these. Please can I have a copy, email is sammylou10@hotmail.com. Big thanks!! 😀

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hello! I LOVED your writing checklist idea in the frame! It is just the perfect size. Could you please send me an e-mail of the document to me as well? I know my first graders will appreciate it :) andrea.burlingame@gmail.com Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hey ive just come across your blog and absolutely love it - was just wondering if there's any chance I could have a sneaky copy of the check your writing sheet...as an NQT working with SEMH children - every little helps and these would be perfect for my very tiny room! Email - emz_369@hotmail.com, Many thanks in advance, Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love your ideas and layout of your classroom. I am an NQT and was admiring your check your writing sheets. Could I please have a copy too! My email is katieballoon@hotmail.co.uk. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi there, your writing checklist is awesome...can I please join the queue and ask for a copy? I'm going to laminate one for each child and stick it to their desk to tick off each writing session. You could put it on Teachers Pay Teachers and it would be very popular! My email is nardenet@yahoo.com
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  39. hey im also after a copy of your check your writing checklist its brilliant
    trappycow@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  41. What a brilliant blog! Loved your classroom and display boards. Such great ideas!
    Could I have your “ check your writing list “please it would really help the children in my class. It’s brilliant. I ll be grateful . Fkully@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete