Image Map

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Teacher Week - Where I Teach


Hi All!

This post will be nowhere near as in-depth as I would LOVE to show you, unfortunately I can't really share photographs of my classroom anymore (long, uninteresting story) but I can show you what I've been using etc and some teeny tiny titbits of my room.

This blog post will probably make me the saddest as I LOVE sharing my ideas in the classroom, I really feel that blogging and TPT has made me a much better teacher - but I guess some people just don't get that.

Anyway, I digress.. here are my meager offerings of 'Where I Teach' as part of Blog Hoppin's Linky!


http://imbloghoppin.blogspot.co.uk/

I don't really have a 'theme' but this year I wanted to embrace a sort of 'natural' look in the classroom as I've moved to Reception. I bought some super cute chevron border (which cost me a small fortune) and a different border for each of my termly topics.



I also bought some pre-cut lettering which was THE best thing I have ever done in my teaching career. Seriously! This has saved me SO much time printing and cutting out stupid lettering - I will NEVER again cut out letters for my displays. No sir. Never!

So this is what my displays now look like with my borders and hessian. It's a little crinkled (my mom tried ironing it - yes, you read correctly, IRONING my displays! But it didn't really work, it made the hessian sag a little) .. I'm hoping that when the kiddos work is up then it will be fine!



 Here is my teeny tiny planning section of the wall where I will put my plans for the week, should any inspectors drop in and want to see what I' m doing! You'll also see part of my hand signals that I have up. That was last years BEST thing I ever did - it completely stopped silly interruptions in lessons - AH-MAY-ZING!

As you can kind of see, I no longer have a desk. I'm kind of pleased about this, as my desk last year just became a waste ground for any kind of crap I could put on it. Even my kids used to nag me to clean it up!!

 

This is my cute little seating area - last year I was lucky enough to have ready made seating spots - this year, NADA! After a little heart attack I composed myself and I have sorted this situation, so look out for a blog post in a few weeks for how I sorted my 'carpet seating area'  and a BIG giveaway that you won't want to miss!! (You can follow me now so you don't miss out!)



 I LOVE having things hanging (as well as lovely lighting) and here are a few of the things in my room - I made the owls a few years ago, the bunting is from Twinkl and I (and my very kind Mommy) bought the GORGEOUS lanterns from Ikea. I had a big area that needed divided, it was difficult to see where the investigation area and the malleable area was separated - now my kiddos have a visual divider so they know they are in separate areas of the room.

 Well, I hope you enjoyed my whistle stop tour of a teeny peek in to my room, sorry I couldn't share as much as I wanted!!




No comments:

Post a Comment